JUST IN! Ben & Jerry Want To Fund Your Innovative ProposalBy Teachers.Net News Desk
The Ben & Jerry Foundation, the philanthropic initiative of the ice cream maker, will consider any type of proposal, as long as the goal is to create societal, institutional and/or environmental change.
The foundation funds efforts that address the root causes of a problem in a community, system or institution. Therefore, traditional social service programs are ineligible for funding. Funded programs seek to empower segments of society, such as immigrant, rural or homeless populations.
The initial application consists of a one-page letter of interest, which may be submitted at any time and are reviewed on an ongoing basis. The review may take up to eight weeks.
If an application is chosen for further consideration, the organization will be invited to submit a full proposal which consists of a five-page application. Those seeking less than $1,000 don’t have to submit a full proposal, because the decision will be based on the letter of interest.
Insider’s Tip: The foundation’s website provides the following four tips that are helpful for all types of funding.
* Carefully consider the foundation’s guidelines to ensure there is a good fit between your work and their funding criteria (Don’t bother to apply if there isn’t).
* Be explicit (Don’t assume the reader is familiar with the issues you address).
* Provide examples of outcomes and impacts of your work.
* Be succinct and detailed.
* Although this may seem obvious, be sure to fulfill all stated application requirements.
Info: For more on the foundation, please visit http://www.benjerry.com/company/foundation/.